Whilst Watu is a Software as a Service application and therefore provides a shared platform for multiple clients, there is space to customise the account. Here we detail how you may do so. Internal customisation:
The below steps can be undertaken by a manager directly within the account within 'settings';
- Select 'general' and customise the account to your preferences throughout this page
- Select 'profile template' to view the current application form template. We highly recommend creating a unique profile template for your agency by writing down the questions and answers you would like staff to complete on their application forms to your agency. You may send through your changes on a document to [email protected] or by clicking tech support
- Select 'message templates' to edit the built-in messages sent from Watu to staff
- Select 'terms of engagement' and delete the holding text, pasting in your agency's own terms of engagement. Staff are automatically asked to agree to these terms when creating a profile
You may also add details within the following which are accessible via the left-hand side menu;
- Roles: Add or disable roles based on the roles your agency offers. Roles become available to select when you are building a job, and will link to staff members' profiles as they work a new role.
- Clients: A small feature designed to store basic details of your clients, including their name and logo.
The profile template is split into two sections which are detailed below. The entire form is accessible by clicking "Settings" then "profile template". From here, you may also submit individual requests for changes which the Watu team will complete for free, or if you have multiple changes to make, click "tech support" to send the detailed request through to the team.
The public section This section of the profile template will be visible to staff members, and is the equivalent of the application form. When you first sign up with Watu, a basic template is provided and can be accessed by clicking:
2. profile template New clients:
Please review the template and consider how you would like your application form to be set up. You may then click "tech support" or email [email protected]
with all the changes you would like us to make. Existing clients:
We expect that you will want to make amendments to your profile template throughout your time using Watu. To do so, please either:
- submit a single request via the form request at the top of the 'profile template' page
- click 'tech support'
- email [email protected]
These changes are always done for free. New Clients:
When building the form, you may customise it almost entirely apart from:
- Right to work
- Agree to terms
As you consider which new questions to add in or have removed, it is advisable to consider the following:
- Do you have any recruitment related questions you would like to ask? (The month/year they are applying? Where they found out about your agency?)
- What skills and experience are important to your agency? (Do you have training in…have you worked for…which roles have you worked previously..?
- Do you have questions that clients ask frequently or may be important for the type of work? (Do you have exposed tattoos? Do you have a driving license? If so please upload it here…)
Remember that the profile template questions become the questions you may then search for. Internal Profile Template
The internal section The profile template is a powerful tool within Watu, as it allows for unparalleled customisation and search power. Within the profile template sits the 'internal' section, which is private to only managers to view and edit.
- Only managers may view the questions
- Only managers may answer the questions
Your agency may want to use this section for help in a variety of topics including recruitment, job search, creating categories, client approvals, and tracking information about staff.
Examples: Professional Model:
Your clients ask you for professional models regularly, but you would rather not ask the staff member in the application form, as this may skew answers.
Instead, within the internal section you may ask "Is the staff member a professional model?" to which you may select "Yes" or "no" for them. When it comes time to search, type in "Professional Model: yes" and those staff members for whom you selected yes, will all appear, ready to be messaged or shortlisted to a job. Regional Representatives:
Do you have representatives spread out across the country? Group them together by adding an internal question such as "Is this staff member a regional representative?" with the answer "Yes" or "No". Then search "Regional representative: yes" and see your team pop up immediately. Client approval:
Some clients will only want staff members who have worked for them previously. To set this up, we can add the question "Client approved" with answers depending on your individual clients, i.e. "Client A" "Client B" "Client C" and so on.
As a team member works and is approved for a client, tick the box in their profile to confirm they are approved. Then when Client A reaches out again to book another job, you can search "Client approved: Client A" to quickly message those people.
The types of answers available are very flexible and match those of the application question options including: tick boxes, yes/no, selection from a dropdown menu, free text, or uploading a document.